Philadelphia / Boston / Austin / Boynton Beach / Coopersburg
Lutron is the world leader in connected lighting and shades. Lutron smart control systems enable users across many markets to save energy and build inviting spaces by controlling both natural and artificial light at scale. The Software Development team at Lutron is responsible for building the software that powers these smart systems from the firmware driving our smart devices to the cloud systems that power our integrations and the user facing tools and mobile apps that allow users to interact with and configure these systems.
Lutron is looking for an experienced Software Architecture Leader who can lead and manage a team of technical architects and senior software engineers and help establish a robust software architecture as a discriminator for Lutron. It is important for this individual to understand the how and why of software architecture and design, have great technical foundations, understand object-oriented approaches, design patterns and architectural best practices and have a passion for mentoring and coaching others. Our software team is passionate about building highly scalable and robust world class systems that are reliable, responsive and secure while providing an exquisite user experience.
In the Software Architecture Senior Manager role, you will work with engineering and business leadership to establish the software architecture roadmap and prioritize work to turn that vision into reality.
What is Lutron?
Lutron is a smart-home and IOT Company that develops innovative products. We have a long history of significant growth and smart innovations.
- The industry is born: Our founder’s first invention of an energy saving solid state dimmer and the resulting inception of Lutron in 1961 marked the birth of the lighting control industry.
- Control systems for every market: Lutron has control solutions targeting everything from a single lamp beside you bed to every light and shade in a large college campus. Our distinguished installations include The White House, the homes of numerous celebrities, The Empire State Building, 49ers Stadium, LEGOLAND theme park (Günzburg), NASA HQ, and multiple others.
- Smart connected systems and IoT: Lutron has been at the forefront of innovating products for smart homes and connected buildings for more than 20 years and is now providing leadership in the human-centered IoT ecosystem. Our strategic alliances include integration with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Echo, Sonos, Nest, IFTTT, and multiple others.
- Foster sustainability, save energy, and protect our environment: Lutron controls have reduced electrical use by 9.2 billion kWh, which reduces our customers’ electric bills by more than $1 billion annually.
Why is Lutron a good place for Software Engineers?
- For almost 60 years, Lutron has innovated many thousands of new products and has a broad repertoire of 3,000+ design and product patents.
- We develop our hardware and software, which enables us to provide superior end-to-end experience for our users.
- Lutron’s engineers design and develop solutions in embedded, mobile, web, desktop/server, and cloud-based environments using leading technologies and processes.
- We have a collaborative culture; you will be working side by side on cross-functional teams with other highly skilled engineers and designers, learning from their experiences while still having your voice heard.
Why build a career at Lutron?
- Create products that make a difference in people’s lives.
- Develop the tools and connections to be successful in your career through our Innovation and Leadership program.
- Continue to learn new skills and technologies through classes and symposiums at Lutron University
- Have fun building a career while enjoying playing volleyball at lunch time, or game of Ultimate Frisbee after work, or join one of the many clubs.
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a highly motivated Embedded Firmware Design Engineer at our Boynton Beach, Florida location. Do you want to take ownership of high-stakes projects from day one? Are you interested in developing smart, connected IoT systems? Do you care about energy conservation and sustainability?
If so, see below for some of the exciting opportunities that Lutron has to offer.
As an RF engineer at our engineering office in Boynton Beach, FL, you will take ownership of high-stakes projects from day one. You will be a key part of the wireless engineering team and grow your skillsets while helping develop innovative RF electrical designs, wireless system blocks, and protocol enhancements for our wireless control systems. Your contributions will help to maintain our market position as the world leader in RF lighting and shading systems. By working in a collaborative environment, you will have an opportunity to develop your passion for RF technology, learning from experts who have generated innovative solutions.